When I applied for the job at Tammy Lynn Center, coordinating Toast to the Triangle was one of the things that most excited me. I was presented with an opportunity to work on bringing together food, beverage and people to serve a deserving nonprofit – it’s as if all of my favorite things came together. (Now, if we can just find a way to incorporate puppies into the event, I’ll be in paradise.) As I began working on the event, I discovered what made the planning process even better – the people I get to work with. Not just here at TLC, but the chefs, brewers, and managers at the businesses I’m working with and their willingness to help. Seriously, the people behind the scenes are just as wonderful to work with as their fare is delicious to eat.
While food and beverage is the focus of Toast to the Triangle, there are many layers to this year’s event. It’s what excites me the most, yet as an event planner gives me the most stress. We kept all of the things that everyone’s come to love over the past 30 years – local food and drinks, a huge silent auction, mixing and mingling with friends, and (most importantly) serving the families of Tammy Lynn Center. But, we’ve added a few new things that make this a different experience and addressed some issues brought up in previous years.
Bringing New to the Old
Being the 31st year for Toast to the Triangle, it can challenging to offer up something new every year. We accepted this challenge full force, and hope you’ll delight in all of this year’s additions while keeping the old favorites.
- Valet parking for all guests make your entrance and exit a breeze
- Enjoy a welcome glass of champagne to start your night off right
- Step in front of the green screen for an engaging photo booth experience with instant prints
- Sip your beverages all evening from a Belgian taster glass that is yours to keep
- It’s a win-win at the wine pull – for just $20 you get a bottle of wine!
- The biggest raffle yet gives you the opportunity to win a 2-year lease on a Jaguar XE.
- Many of your old favorite restaurants will be present, but we’ve added a handful of new offerings too!
- It’s breweries galore, as we’ve added more beverage providers than ever before.
- Our VIP guests will be able to sit back and relax all evening in the VIP lounge, with special offerings of food and beverage.
Past attendees noted two big problems with last year’s event – and we listened:
- Problem #1. “My hands are too full with food and beverage!” Now, that’s a good problem to have, but we understand that you need another hand for shaking hands with the new friends you make, and another hand for bidding on all of those awesome silent auction items. Until someone figures out a way to add two more hands to you, we’ve resolved your problems with a new food and beverage tray in one! That’s right, this tray will hold your food and your beverage, freeing up your other hand for nonstop bidding on the silent auction.
- Problem #2 – “My feet are weary from walking around to all these food and beverage booths, I could use a break!” Again, another great problem to have, but we understand an evening of activity can be tiring. So we’ve completely changed the layout that allows for much more seating for you to rest. Don’t worry, though, the silent auction is done through mobile bidding, so you can bid right from the comfort of your seat.
I’m excited to be a part of this longstanding event, and am looking forward to mixing things up while maintaining the integrity of the event you’ve come to love over the years.
There are many ways to get involved and we want you to take advantage of all of them!
- Buy tickets – Buy them online and you’re all set for a night on the town!
- Donate – You can donate to the silent auction or to the Wine Pull to help us raise more funds through this event.
- Sponsor – Give a shout out and thanks to our sponsors and sign up your company, too.
- Follow us on social media – Tell your friends about us on Facebook and Instagram!
Toast to You!
Special Events and Volunteer Coordinator, Tammy Lynn Center